You charge The Dash by placing it in The Dash Charger either while The Dash Charger being connected to a power source or while on the go. You can power up The Dash Charger by connecting it to a power source using the provided USB to Micro USB Cable. A full charge of The Dash takes up to 90 minutes.
If you want to carry around The Dash Pro while being charged, it is suggested to use The Slide to protect the device. It is important to use The Slide correctly so damages on the charger or the device can be avoided. You can find out more about how to use The Slide correctly here.
Charge The Dash
The Dash is best charged when seated correctly in The Dash Charger and connected via USB to a power source such as a wall charger, USB ports on your computer etc.
- Place the device in The Dash Charger and make sure it sits correctly on the MagSnap. Make sure not to cover the golden charging pins e.g. with the FitSleeves.
- Connect The Dash Charger to a power source using the USB cable. After a few minutes, The Dash Charger LED next to the USB connection should be lit.
- The LED LightGuide on The Dash will start breathing (a slow regular pulsation) to indicate the current battery status when charging.
Please note that non-compliant USB charging adapters might not work as expected when charging The Dash. If the computer's power state changes, the charging process may be interrupted or The Dash may be reset.
Expected battery performance
The battery lifetime of The Dash, when fully charged, may slightly vary depending on different use cases.
Play time: Up to 4 hours
Charging time: up to 90 minutes
Please note that external factors like the outside temperature also have an impact on the battery and can lead to slightly longer or shorter run time.
Charge on the go
The Dash Charger will fully recharge The Dash up to 5 times. To check The Dash Charger´s battery state, you can check The Dash Charger LED (next to the USB connection).
When The Dash is not in use for a longer period of time, you can save some battery by putting The Dash into shipping mode. This almost completely powers down The Dash which may be useful if you plan to not use The Dash for some time.
You put The Dash into shipping mode by following these steps:
- Place The Dash in The Dash Charger and make sure it sits on the MagSnap.
- Press and hold the pinhole button until you see a sequence of 3 red flashes, 1 green flash and 1 red flash on The Dash Charger LED.
- The Dash is now in shipping mode.
When The Dash is in shipping mode you need to re-activate it by connecting The Dash Charger including The Dash to a power source via USB when you like to use it again.